Last year Shalom School started a new Madrichim program and 8 wonderful teenagers chose to join.
The Madrichim Program gives students in grades 8-12 the opportunity to be teacher in traing in Shalom School classes. This gives older students the occasion to be a positive role model and influence younger children in our school. By participating in the Madrich program, the student will be trained and will progressively take an active role as an educator in the classroom. Such a training and experience will be valuable assets for the teenager’s college application and resume and could help in securing a teaching position in a Hebrew Sunday school should he/her desire one when he/she is in college.
Students can count their hours in community service or could choose to get compensated for their work (after first year only).
The requirements for participation in the Madrichim Program are:
· recommendation by a teacher.
· enrollment and participation in 7th - 9th grade classes.
. attendance of at least 80% of the sessions.
· Attendance in special training sessions during the school year that will help provide Madrichim with the teaching tools and skills needed (3 to 5 workshops).
The Madrichim Program is a continuation of the student's involvement as a maturing member of our community. Serving as a Madrich/a offers several opportunities:
1. Learning how to teach by working with knowledgeable teachers
2. Develop your leadership potential
3. Increasing a Jewish connection and knowledge
4. Adding a substantial feature in your college application
5.Getting the experience that could be very useful when looking for a side job while in college.
6. Having fun with students and other Madrichim
7. Being part of the Shalom School community in a substantial way.
We invite your child to consider Wednesday or Sunday classes.
As positions are limited we will allocate them on the first come first served basis.